Welcome to iomtt.com Sign in | Join | Frequently Asked Questions
iomtt.com » General » TT General » Robbie Silvester

TT General

Started by OddBod at 05-19-2007 9:59 AM. Topic has 908 replies.

Search
Sort Posts:    
   05-19-2007, 9:59 AM
OddBod is not online. Last active: 7/3/2007 7:58:56 PM OddBod

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-18-2007
Posts 110
Re: Robbie Silvester

Be good to see you at the TT Robbie.

Where will your Dyno be set up ?

05-21-2007, 2:55 AM
robbie silvester is not online. Last active: 9/17/2014 10:57:05 AM robbie silvester

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-24-2003
Posts 346
we will be in our normal spot at the rear of the grandstand, cant miss us just follow the sounds!!
   06-12-2007, 4:29 PM
dk63 is not online. Last active: 6/6/2012 11:19:37 PM dk63

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 04-08-2005
Posts 459

robbie silvester wrote:
we will be in our normal spot at the rear of the grandstand, cant miss us just follow the sounds!!

Hi Robbie, I had a quick word with you down at Castletown on Mad sunday, it was good to see you up and about and being so active.

06-13-2007, 11:01 PM
robbie silvester is not online. Last active: 9/17/2014 10:57:05 AM robbie silvester

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-24-2003
Posts 346

It was nice to get out, i was only out the wheel chair for a couple of weeks prior to the start of the TT being there brought me on no end having to manouvor around the paddock on my sticks gave me strength over the two weeks and i came home a different man. All the well wishes i recieved whilst i was out there brought home just how much people do really and genuinly care and it helped no end seeing all my mates once more! My injuries are still healing and although i still require further opps being fitter will help the recovery of these and i can hopefully return to some sort of a normality. I did find it very tiring and not like me i was not to be found once in colours and didnt manage to partake in any of the festivities apart from the chat show which i wouldnot have missed! sadly my medication prevents me from drinking but my team mate Keith made up for that! it was nice to meet so many people who have followed my progress, thanks and the next time we maybe get a beer!

cheers Robbie

06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
WilDDog is not online. Last active: 3/20/2012 1:11:19 PM WilDDog

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 06-02-2002
Posts 165
I was hoping to bump into you  Robbie but sadly had to work most of the time (obviously) :) and sadly didn't get anywhere near the grandstand.
Glad to hear you had a good time and you're doing well and starting to heal properly.
If it's any consolation I didn't have any beer either.

All the best

WD

06-14-2007, 8:11 AM
johnnyfivesalive is not online. Last active: 5/12/2014 11:50:07 AM johnnyfivesalive

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 06-02-2005
Posts 1,079
Big Smile [:D] Re: Robbie Silvester

I saw you trying to get a flyer off the ferry and the muppet told you to reverse back i was penned in on the left side with all the bikes so it took ages for us to get off the ferry and i think i passed you on the M6

I also saw you up at the grandstand but you looked well busy with the dyno so did not want to bother you it was nice to see you back at work doing what you obviously enjoy doing, Keep at it mate you will get there in the end.

J5

06-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-24-2003
Posts 346
hi j5, you should have given me a shout mate! i was told before the TT that the plate i broke in my back ment i cant even sit on a bike for another year so i cant work on them, ride them etc i was limited to pushing the buttons on the lap top cant wait till i can return properly. i was wondering how the hell they were going to get all those bikes out of there at the side of me!! i nearly took the ships tannoy off with the side of the truck that why they made us go back its a long way back along that m6 when all you want is yer bed!! 
   06-16-2007, 12:22 AM

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 04-08-2005
Posts 459

robbie silvester wrote:
hi j5, you should have given me a shout mate! i was told before the TT that the plate i broke in my back ment i cant even sit on a bike for another year so i cant work on them, ride them etc i was limited to pushing the buttons on the lap top cant wait till i can return properly. i was wondering how the hell they were going to get all those bikes out of there at the side of me!! i nearly took the ships tannoy off with the side of the truck that why they made us go back its a long way back along that m6 when all you want is yer bed!! 

I say, after following your progress, and seeing you strutting your stuff at Castletown, just do what you need to , don't push it to far, with all respect, a true hero.

08-01-2007, 1:07 AM

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-24-2003
Posts 346

hi, its been a while but just thought i would fill everyone in on the latest, its been 15 months, ten opperations and three n a half months of hospitalisation since the accident now and i still find loads of people that i havent seen for a good time are shocked once they see how much the effects from last years crash still affect me, everyone expects me to be out jogging by now! I am at last more or less out of my wheel chair full time now only having to use it now on longer expiditions, shops etc! i have called to see Shaun Harris a few times over the last few weeks as he has been getting treated by the same surgeons as myself and Gary D at Leeds, after my first visit i told Shaun i would be on sticks the next time i visited and sure enough i was, it gave him good vibes to deal with his own recovery! his injuries have been very similar to my own so i know exaclly how he feels. I saw the surgeon towards the end of last week for my results of an earlier scan, i have really struggled since my return home from the TT, i thought it had just taken too much out of me untill the sleeping wasnt just a odd nap here n  there but it became very serrious sleeping nearly 60 hours in 72 one weekend, draging myself out of my bed was becoming a nightmare. My concentration levels were lower than a submariners *** house and all my enthusiasm had gone for everything, a visit to my docs resulted in her diagnosing that in her oppinion i was suffering from post tramatic stress dissorder, seems my return to the sceen of the accident had brought it on and i was starting to become very low to the point i found myself struggling to even leave the house after my return from Skerries and Keith smashing himself up! my legs are getting stronger and my pelvice has now at long last started to unite, the plate i broke in my back prior to the TT has held with the other lower plate holding the joint sufficiently for it to nearly heal and in the words of my surgeon is starting to look good! the fractures at the front are still open but are showing signs of begining to bond, so all being well the opps hopefully are coming to an end in this area. unfortunatly the scan on my left knee has revealed that the trauma  has left some amount of bone debris floating in the joint, the tibia which split all the way into the joint has healed leaving a nodual which is badly effecting the joint, the crucial ligament is torn along with the cartlage and worst of all arthritus has already set in so there is nothing they can do to repair it meaning i need a knee replacment. Unfortunatly with me only being in my twenties! ahemmmmm! i am still too young so i am schedualed for more surgeory in September to clean the area up, hopefully this will give me some reduction in the constant pain i suffer in it! i have felt much beter in myself over the last week hence i am writing this, hopefully if things still are ok for the weekend i am hoping to fly over for the mid Antrim.

thanks again for all the support and hopefully i will continue on the up n up!!!!

cheers Robbie

08-01-2007, 1:45 AM
BodTheCap is not online. Last active: 6/9/2014 11:57:46 PM BodTheCap

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 09-04-2006
Posts 610

Not commented before Robbie (cause I don't really know you although I met you once in the Castle Mona) but have followed your progress with interest and a great deal of admiration.

Really hope you are starting to see some light at the end of your tunnel now.  Your mental attitude must be unbelievable to deal with firstly your many injuries and then unfortunately, the setbacks along the way.  Would the Post Traumatic Stress have 'come out' at some point anyway or did it need 'a trigger'???  I have a little (only a little) bit of experience with PTS and I found it made me stronger after I'd dealt with it so I'm hopeful that you'll be the same.  I hope the Surgeons can make you a little more comfortable next month.  Hang in there fella.  All the best.

BOD 

08-01-2007, 8:33 AM
thewitch is not online. Last active: 9/24/2014 11:01:28 AM thewitch

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 06-18-2005
Posts 503

My God, Robbie, you have not had your sorrows to seek, as they say in Scotland, but you rise above it all. Your visits to Shaun made a huge impression and encouraged him no end.. I hope he also took note not to overdo it.. you know what he's like.

Keep us posted, you're a star!

08-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 04-08-2005
Posts 459
Thanks for the update Robbie, take things easy .
   11-07-2007, 1:42 AM

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-24-2003
Posts 346

Hi its been a while, but thought its about time i gave you all an up date, well things have started to get slowly back to normal, the post tromatic stress dissorder has all about gone now and i have started my new job as a college lecturer it is very exhausting and this is why i havent been spending as much time on my computor, allthough i do as you can see still suffer from the odd bout of insomnia!!! i wake up in the night with a flash back and then just can't get back off again. the dreams are not always of my accident and i have now crashed at most of the fast parts of the circuit in my head, tonights little escapade was on the right hander over the tram lines feet first into the bank on the left just for a change!!! i see my surgeon on thursday he is waiting to do a clean up on the damaged left knee, it needs a new one but that will have to wait a few years yet, i still suffer a great deal of pain in both the leg and my pelvice and still take morphene twice daily to cope with it but i am starting to use less and less of the drugs i was depending on. I am managing to get around a bit better now depending more on my sticks than the wheelchair now and the feeling has started to return to my leg, the feelings of some one pulling one hair at a time from my thigh are apparently the nerves regrowing and this is a good sign. well thats it for now but will let you all know how it goes on thurs,

all the best and cheers Robbie

Page 5 of 61 (909 items) « First ... < 3 4 5 6 7 > ... Last »