Welcome to iomtt.com Sign in | Join | Frequently Asked Questions
iomtt.com » General » TT General » Re: TT 3D movie

TT General

Started by Manxey at 03-22-2011 11:37 AM. Topic has 348 replies.

Search
Sort Posts:    
   03-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Manxey is not online. Last active: 9/19/2014 6:17:25 AM Manxey

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 03-07-2010
Posts 390
Re: TT 3D movie

Here we go guys the teaser trailer we all been waiting for !!!    Get ready for the hairs on the back of your neck to go up the second you press play!  If they dont, you aren't alive !!  

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30469

"Guy Martin where do you start, he loves a bit of attention!!  

"Some lads like going to the pub, Some lads love shagging I dont Mind it, but I'm not into it!!!

03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Quickly is not online. Last active: 5/25/2014 3:48:15 PM Quickly

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 07-26-2006
Posts 216
Yessss, this film looks like it could be something special. Loved that trailer!
   03-22-2011, 1:58 PM
penno is not online. Last active: 11/20/2014 8:38:51 PM penno

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-14-2006
Posts 3,645
That looks "the dogs" can't wait and what a build up for the real thing.
   03-22-2011, 4:02 PM
Arzed is not online. Last active: 8/7/2014 11:31:58 AM Arzed

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 02-12-2004
Posts 272
I just pray that they don't play Born to be Wild or The Chain endlessly as a soundtrack - every other bike film or programme seems to!!!
   03-22-2011, 6:39 PM
splashdown is not online. Last active: 11/6/2014 6:08:26 PM splashdown

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2008
Posts 1,135

Well I've watched the trailer, and I dread to think what the reaction will be from non motorcyclists.

I can almost guarantee that the road racing fraternity are going to be cast as brainless idiots, who have no real idea what they are letting themselves in for when they set off down Glencrutchery Road. The general public will almost certainly believe this to be the case having seen the odd remark from Guy Martin. I have known his Dad for years, and I do just wonder why he has to play the part of a bumbling village idiot. Guy Martin is a clever lad, who knows exactly what he is doing on and off a motorcycle. Mind you, he may just make a name for himself as a TV personalty, so I'm not knocking HIM per se. It's just that I believe that the perception from the general public is likely to be extremely negative. High speed thrills danger, crashes, yes, it is all part and parcel of the intrinsic ingredients of the TT, but I'm not sure I really want to see it portrayed as a near death experience, participated by riders on a suicide mission. And this is the immediate impression I got from the trailer, starting with the Church congregation singing as the riders rode past. Is is only me that had the "Into the valley of the shadow of death rode the 600" feeling, to quote Alfred Lord Tennyson of the Charge of the Light Brigade?

I felt that with virtually no exception all the riders I rode with were very cool about riding the Mountain circuit. I rarely saw bravado, exuberance, or boasting. Everyone respected the circuit, and its inherent dangers, and the moment you forgot about that, (as I did once or twice) it had a nasty habit of biting you very hard. If you watched Joey, Hizzy, Foggy, Phillip, and any of the top riders on the start line, they were very rarely laughing and joking about the journey ahead of them. It was a frightening prospect, and that goes for EVERYONE who was facing the starter, top man or otherwise. I have a sneaky feeling that this film is possibly going to send out the wrong message. I am not disputing that it may be eminently watchable, but I await its release with trepidation.

Anyone else thinking like me? Or have I got it totally wrong?

03-22-2011, 7:11 PM
abcdefg is not online. Last active: 6/8/2014 10:00:15 PM abcdefg

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 10-23-2008
Posts 529
Geeked [8-|] Re: TT 3D movie
 Sadly you might be right?Tongue Tied [:S]
If people see it for what it is, about people's passion about the IOM & road racing then it might bring new riders/ spectators in to "our" world??
There again it might be used as another stick to beat us with? Hope the over all narration is to our favour & not a "Do or Die" type of interpretation!
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing itWink [;)].

03-22-2011, 7:41 PM
ackerman is not online. Last active: 9/3/2014 10:00:36 PM ackerman

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-20-2011
Posts 23
Everything I read is very positive, so far. Paul Phillips is glowing about it, the MCN article was really good and The Times - when did they last do 2 pages on the TT, not even in JUne! then there's Hutchy also saying it's a proper job.
   03-22-2011, 7:52 PM
PaulPhillips is not online. Last active: 11/10/2014 6:37:05 PM PaulPhillips

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2002
Posts 629
Hi Nick

I have seen the film and would like to try and cover off your concerns... I may not be able to mind!

I really enjoyed it. It is a brilliant film about some amazing guys and a challenging race circuit. It shows the TT exactly as it is and it does not hide any of the dangers. I have never been someone who believes that we should try and brush these things under the carpet; it breads suspicion and we become marginalized and this film does not try and hide anything.

This is a film for a much wider audience that the existing TT fan. It is a human interest story that positions the Guy Martin's, John McGuinness', Conor Cummins' and Ian Hutchinson's of this world as the ultimate extreme sportsmen who are both ordinary and extraordinary in equal measures. Normal guys doing incredible things. Bridgette Dobbs is also worth of particular note, in the way she comes across in the film. Bridgette's scenes are amongst the most powerful in a very powerful piece of cinema.

At the end you are left with a feeling that these are human beings pushing themselves to their limits. The ultimate risk takers who are living their lives to the full, pushing human endeavor further than is normally possible in an over sanitised world. Some dyed in the wool fans may just not get it, but I am confident that the majority will really enjoy it.

Given it's production standards, the gripping story and the distribution plans in place, this film will expose the TT to a very wide audience in a positive way, in a very short period of time. It is a good thing!

Paul

03-22-2011, 7:54 PM

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2002
Posts 629
I should of said... everyone else that I have spoken to who has seen the previews has had great things to say about it also. That includes Murray Walker, John McGuinness and Ian Hutchinson amongst several others.

PP

03-22-2011, 8:28 PM
splashdown is not online. Last active: 11/6/2014 6:08:26 PM splashdown

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2008
Posts 1,135

Thanks Paul

I aint seen it, so, in fairness my comments are without real foundation. My views are purely from the trailer, and I didn't get off to a good start by seeing the church ( think it is at Lezayre) with bikes riding past. I'm not at my best when you try to mix religion with fast bikes, but it will work for some. I just think a little lateral thinking is required here, as we ALL know what the perception of the general public is likely to be. This is my point. Yes it MAY well be a fantastic film, I'm not on about that.

Anyway, it is pure conjecture (brought on by the trailer that must have been approved by you), and I will await the film with trepidation AND anticipation!

03-22-2011, 8:56 PM
Martin 57 is not online. Last active: 1/18/2014 2:16:25 PM Martin 57

Not Ranked
Joined on 02-03-2011
Posts 13
 splashdown wrote:

Thanks Paul

I aint seen it, so, in fairness my comments are without real foundation. My views are purely from the trailer, and I didn't get off to a good start by seeing the church ( think it is at Lezayre) with bikes riding past. I'm not at my best when you try to mix religion with fast bikes, but it will work for some. I just think a little lateral thinking is required here, as we ALL know what the perception of the general public is likely to be. This is my point. Yes it MAY well be a fantastic film, I'm not on about that.

Anyway, it is pure conjecture (brought on by the trailer that must have been approved by you), and I will await the film with trepidation AND anticipation!

I don't think the church scene had anything to do with religion. I think the idea of that piece was to paint a quaint picture of island life (listen to the birds in the background) and then the thunder of the bikes coming through. I certainly didn't see it as a nod to religion in any direction.

03-22-2011, 9:16 PM

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2002
Posts 629
 splashdown wrote:

Not so.. it is a film about our race as opposed to our film!

Paul

03-22-2011, 9:28 PM
peterkelly is not online. Last active: 12/17/2014 10:06:30 AM peterkelly

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 05-09-2005
Posts 260
Looks good to me so far!

An opportunity to use 3D technology to capture and transmit some of the  excitement we all feel about the place, and the event

Looking forward to the full picture

Pete

03-22-2011, 9:54 PM
WoodyIRL is not online. Last active: 11/7/2014 11:28:55 PM WoodyIRL

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 05-22-2007
Posts 262
From a personal view only, having read reviews and now seen the preview.

Looks like mega production standards and a subject, race and place I love BUT I think I'll be a bundle of nerves watching it knowing some of the some of the content?

The public response will be interesting? i'll leave that to others. Endorsement from the top riders and others so close to the TT is a great start.
   03-22-2011, 9:58 PM
Spannerman is not online. Last active: 4/25/2014 10:01:44 AM Spannerman

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 04-12-2004
Posts 3,451
Huh? [:^)] Re: TT 3D movie
Did everyone who saw the preveiw,  read the transcript or hear the official narrated version, if not how can they judge it on just what they have seen, for now i think i will wait on the sideline with Nick. 
 PaulPhillips wrote:
I should of said... everyone else that I have spoken to who has seen the previews has had great things to say about it also. That includes Murray Walker, John McGuinness and Ian Hutchinson amongst several others.

PP

Page 3 of 24 (349 items) < 1 2 3 4 5 > ... Last »