First qualifying session of TT 2019 cancelled
Saturday 25 May 2019
After the incredible conditions of the 2018 TT, 2019's edition has got off to a slightly more subdued start as Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson was forced to cancel Saturday's opening qualifying session.
The now familiar opener for the TT, the Newcomers' Speed Controlled Lap was due to start at 6.20pm followed by a long Supersport and Lightweight session starting twenty minutes later.
However, on the advice of the forecasters, Thompson announced the session had to be cancelled.
It what may be a first for the TT the opening qualifying session now takes place tomorrow (Sunday 26th May).
Gary Thompson announced the following schedule:
- 11:45 Mountain Road closes
- 13:00 Rest of course closed
- 13:30 Solo Newcomers’ speed controlled lap
- 13:35 Sidecar Newcomers' speed controlled lap
- 13:50 Supersport / Lightweight Practice
- 17:30 Roads open except Mountain section
- 18:30 All roads open