Supertwin TT Not To Be Missed
The return of the Isle of Man TT is just around the corner with less than three weeks to go and the excitement is undoubtedly building. To add to this excitement, last week the starting numbers for the Supertwin TT were announced with some familiar faces set to compete in the race.
First off the line will be runner up of the 2019 Lightweight TT, Jamie Coward who will be looking to earn his first TT win. Following Coward will be Italian road racer Stefano Bonetti and rising TT star Lee Johnston both riding Aprilia machines.
Starting at number four will be 7-time TT winner Michael Rutter on the Paton followed by Dominic Herbertson. Herbertson has already seen some success in the 2022 road racing season with his maiden win at the Tandragee 100 in the Supersport race.
Hunting down the first five from his usual number 6 position will be 19-time TT winner Michael Dunlop. Dunlop, who won the race in both 2018 and 2019, will be eager to make it three in a row and add another win to his overall TT record.
Following the current title holder will be TT veteran Gary Johnson, Magherafelt racer Paul Jordan and TT superstar Peter Hickman riding the 7, 8 and 10 numbers respectively.
Outside of the top 10, winners from this year’s Cookstown 100 Michael Sweeney and Adam McLean start at 13 and 14 with TT 2022’s only female solo competitor Maria Costello starting at 30.
The full top 20 starters for the 2022 Bennetts Supertwin TT
1. Jamie Coward – KTS Racing powered by Steadplan, Kawasaki
2. Stefano Bonetti – Speed Motor, Aprilia
3. Lee Johnston – Ashcourt Racing, Aprilia
4. Michael Rutter – ILR, Paton
5. Dominic Herbertson – CC Engineering, Kawasaki
6. Michael Dunlop – MD Racing, Paton
7. Gary Johnson – Dafabet Racing, Kawasaki
8. Paul Jordan – PreZ Racing, Kawasaki
10. Peter Hickman – PHR Performance, TBC
11. Rob Hodson – Dafabet Racing, Kawasaki
12. James Hind – ILR/Mark Coverdale, Paton
13. Michael Sweeney – KBS Kawasaki, Kawasaki
14. Adam McLean – Gortreagh Printing/McAdoo Kawasaki, Kawasaki
15. Julian Trummer – WH Racing powered by Dynobike, Kawasaki
16. James Chawke – CBG Contractors, Kawasaki
17. Brian McCormack – JT Performance by Global Robots, Aprilia
18. Michael Evans – Heattech Racing, Kawasaki
19. John Barton – Wemoto, Kawasaki
20. Michael Russell – Fraser Evans Tyre Recycling, Aprilia
With an exciting lineup of competitors looking to make their mark on the 2022 Supertwin TT, this race is not one to be missed and you could be watching it trackside. Stay at Duke Travel’s IOMTT Village and be in the heart of the action for this year’s Supertwin TT - packages start from just £495.
Head over to the Duke Travel website to find out more or call one of their travel experts on 0330 088 8434.